Perdue's Taekwondo offers highly specialized martial arts classes taught by nationally certified instructors at our original location in Westerville, Ohio or our new location in Sunbury, Ohio. We separate students based upon age and skill level. There are classes for kids, teens, and adults.
All memberships include:
- Class attendance at BOTH locations.
- Flexible Schedule in Westerville and Sunbury that can work around you!
- Day and weekend classes for kids
- Evening, night and weekend classes for teens and adults
- Fun and motivational classes
- A positive environment
- Weight loss and self defense
- A bright clean school with modern equipment
Perdue's Taekwondo is a member of Taekwondo America, a national organization with member schools across the United States. All schools adhere to the same guidelines and procedures, including standards by which we teach and advance in rank.
TA has established a national reputation built upon our standard of excellence. We do not allow any negative or aggressive behavior, nor any misuse of Taekwondo in any way, shape or form.
Ever see the old movies where the Instructor barks and yells like a drill sergeant? I could teach that way if I wanted. In fact, I used to. But I don't anymore.
I am as serious as the next instructor about what I want from my students. I want them to push themselves to improve in all aspects of the art. I expect nothing less than a student's best effort and for my students to show expertise and skill consummate with their training level. I firmly believe that this can be done in a fun atmosphere where students can enjoy coming to class. The more students enjoy class, the more they will come to class. I am not the best teacher. Time and repetition are the best teachers. What I do is make it fun, so the real teachers get the job done.
I encourage you to click around our site. Take a look around and discover what you can. Then, when you are ready, click on the page to try a class. That one click could make a huge difference in the quality of your life.
- David Perdue, Owner/Instructor
Benefits of Training!
Increased Fitness - Our workouts help lead to a healthier lifestyle that will lead to weight loss, body conidioning and increased endurace. Whether you had a hard day at work, home or school, a workout like ours relieves stress while you have fun doing it.
- Build Self Confidence - Healthy people radiate self confidence in every aspect of their lives. Adults with self-confidence succeed at work while children with self-confidence succeed in the classroom. The life lessons students learn on the mat while working out will help them deal with most daily problems. Parents, Self Confidence more than anything else keeps the bullies at bay.
- Meet New & Exciting People - While working out, you will meet a lot of new and exciting people. Working out next to your friend makes it more social and fun. Instead of seeing your work out as a chore, you will find that you enjoy the social setting while training.
- No Meat Heads - We have a family friendly attitude where anyone in any shape can start and progress. Yes, we have talented, experienced and confident students and instructors. However, our inclusive atmosphere ensures you are never left out of the fun. We do not allow any negative or aggressive behavior, nor any misuse of Taekwondo in any way, shape or form in or out of our school.
- Take Class with Fun and Respectful Instructors - All of our instructors are professionally trained and nationally certified. We understand that everyone is at a different fitness level and in every class; we adapt our drills to your fitness level. We understand your goals and strive to help all ages to acheieve their best in a positive enviornment.
- Gain Self Defense Skills - In addition to learning how to kick and punch, students in our program are exposed to self-defense techniques from various disciplines that are practiced repeatedly for effectiveness. You just can’t simply take one seminar and assume that you know self defense. The self defense skills that we will teach you will develop over time. For the parents out there, yes we will teach your child how to handle the bully physically in all manner of ways that many times do not escalate the situation.
- We are part of a National Organization of Schools - Perdue's Taekwondo is a member of Taekwondo America, a national organization with member schools across the United States. All schools adhere to the same guidelines and procedures, including standards by which we teach and advance in rank. TA has established a national reputation built upon our standard of excellence.